Saturday 28 January 2012

SHERLOCK HOLMES - Review

I haven't reviewed anything for a while, but I have seen a few things I'd like to review, so I'll start with a bit of RDJ loving.

SHERLOCK HOLES: A GAME OF SHADOWS picks up a littl after the first one left off with Watson preparing to marry and Holmes deep in his tangled web of Moriarty madness. There are plenty of rubbish sequels around at the moment, but this isn't one of them.

Guy Ritchie has kept the elements of the first film that I loved and he's made them more intense and dramatic like the artillery fire scene in the woods. That scene is just one of many step by step fight scenes that are so fun to watch - especially when they involve RDJ!



The chemistry between Robert Downey Jr. as Holmes and Jude Law as Watson is magical. It's like siblings, lovers and friends all rolled into one. They have truly developed and grown into the characters they established in the first film and I'm sure they'll continue to follow the same path in film number 3. I must also mention Jared Harris' Professor James Moriarty, a superb adversary for Holmes and their chemistry is almost as good as that between RDJ and Law. Almost.

Noomi Rapace who you would know from the Swedish version of the Millenium films does an excellent job as the gypsy in this SHERLOCK installment and I am looking forward to seeing her in some more English speaking roles (and she has a few of those coming up).

The ending of this film is perfectly set for the third installment and rumor has it they are working on the script already and I for one can't wait!

Whilst this is a great film for the big screen with the surround sound and the cinematic environment, it wouldn't be so bad at home, so if you don't get a chance to see this one on the big screen don't worry. I'm sure your home entertainment system with the 50+ inch screen and sound system will suffice!

3.5 out of 5





No comments:

Post a Comment