Monday 16 January 2012

2012 GOLDEN GLOBE Winners

And so the Globes are over!! Three magical hours of boring speeches, trying-too-hard-to-be-funny lines and Ricky Gervais in all his hilarity. I spied a few red carpet hits and more than a few misses!!


 Below are the nominations for film categories in the 2012 Golden Globes, with my predictions highlighted in pink and the winners noted in green. Only 2 of my predictions changed over the last couple of weeks now that I've seen the film in question - BEST COMEDY OR MUSICAL - now THE ARTIST instead of 50/50 and BEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY OR MUSICAL - Jean Dujardin for THE ARTIST. I would still love JGL to win for 50/50, but I don't think he will. 


I got 7 out of 14 right and I had said for a few that who I predicted probably wouldn't win, but it's who I though deserved to win and in most cases the person who I thought might win instead did - Tilda Swinton and Meryl Streep are a prime example. Now we should have a better idea of what might happen at the Oscars...I've got a few more films to see before I can confirm my Oscar predictions. 



BEST DRAMA
The Descendants - WINNER  I mean it - go and see this film. It's great!
The Help
Hugo
The Ides of March
Moneyball
War Horse

BEST COMEDY or MUSICAL
50/50
The Artist - WINNER Again a little pang that 50/50 didn't win for JGL, but it is an amazing film
Bridesmaids
Midnight In Paris
My Week With Marilyn

BEST ACTOR - DRAMA
George Clooney - The Descendants - WINNER gorgeous George for the win. You should see this film if you haven't
Leonardo DiCaprio - J. Edgar
Michael Fassbender - Shame
Ryan Gosling - The Ides of march
Brad Pitt - Moneyball

BEST ACTRESS - DRAMA
Glenn Close - Albert Nobbs
Viola Davis - The Help
Rooney Mara - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo\
Meryl Streep - The Iron Lady - WINNER Tilda Swinton was robbed!! Robbed I say!! 
Tilda Swinton - We Need To Talk About Kevin

BEST ACTOR - COMEDY or MUSICAL (I would still love Joseph to win, but don't think he will)
Jean Dujardin - The Artist - WINNER He was brilliant in it, although part of me is a little gutted for JGL because of my Hollywood crush on him!
Brendan Gleeson - The Guard
Joseph Gordon-Levitt - 50/50
Ryan Gosling - Crazy Stupid Love
Owen Wilson - Midnight In Paris

BEST ACTRESS - COMEDY or MUSICAL
Jodie Foster - Carnage
Charlize Theron - Young Adult
Kristen Wiig - Bridesmaids
Michelle Williams - My Week With Marilyn - WINNER Kristen Wiig was robbed and as far as I'm concerned this film was neither a comedy or a musical!
Kate Winslet - Carnage

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Kenneth Branagh - My Week With Marilyn
Albert Brooks, Drive
Jonah Hill, Moneyball
Viggo Mortensen - A Dangerous Method
Christopher Plummer - Beginners - WINNER Well deserved, he was amazing!

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Berenice Bejo - The Artist
Jessica Chastain - The Help
Janet Mc Teer - Albert Nobbs
Octavia Spencer - The Help - WINNER Well done Octavia! She did a great job in this film as did Jessica Chastain so good on both of them!
Shailene Woodley - The Descendants

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
Rango
The Adventures of Tintin - WINNER In my opinion the Ghibli film was much better and didn't even get a look in!
Puss In Boots
Winnie The Pooh
Arthur Christmas

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
The Flowers of War
In The Land Of Blood and Honey
The Kids With A Bike
A Separation - WINNER In beating THE SKIN I LIVE IN this film can certainly be proud of itself!
The Skin I Live In

BEST DIRECTOR
Woody Allen - Midnight In Paris
George Clooney - The Ides of March
Michel Hazanavicius - The Artist
Alexander Payne - The Descendants
Martin Scorsese - Hugo - WINNER I only saw this on Friday, so I couldn't judge it before then, but it was pretty amazing and deserving of the win. 

BEST SCREENPLAY
Woody Allen - Midnight In Paris - WINNER This was my second choice film for best screenplay, so well done Woody
George Clooney, Grant Heslov, Beua Willimon - The Ides of March
Michel Hazanavicius - THE ARTIST
Alexander Payne, Nat Faxwon, Jim Rash - The Descendants
Steven Zaillian, Aaron Sorkin - Moneyball

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
Hello Hello - Gnomeo & Juliet
The Keeper - Machine Gun Preacher
Lay Your Head Down - Albert Nobbs
The Living Proof - The Help
Masterpiece - W.E. - WINNER I haven't heard this song, so I can't pass judgement

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
Ludovic Bource - The Artist - WINNER  This score is fantastic you should listen to it!
Abel Korzeniowski - W.E.
Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Howard Shore - Hugo
John Williams - War Horse

No comments:

Post a Comment